- To perform well with shift handover, arranging schedules, assigning tasks for subordinates.
- To call for briefing before opening hour to disseminate information relating to working shifts, task arrangement within the day.
- To check overall working areas before serving hour to guarantee sanitation, display, preparations, ensure everything is ready for customer service.
- To be responsible for following up, directing, supervising and supporting staff to well perform customer service tasks, introduce beverage, ensure the quality and standards of service.
- To welcome and guide guests to their tables, remind waiters, check and ensure timely service with high standards, bring satisfaction to guests.
- To monitor the operations of Bar such as taking orders, supervising and supporting staff in working hours, especially in rush hours.
- To receive table or banquet bookings, arrange seats, banqueting hall, conferences related to food and requests for VIPs, and other special customers.
- To regularly check, follow up the quality and quantity of beverage from bar to guests.
- To motivate, encourage staff to actively work in team. Assist Bar Manager/ Bar Supervisor to manage daily activities, answer phone calls, control properties, limit breakage, losses… To evaluate staff, arrange the pace of work reasonably.
- To intensify and support other Captains, other departments to perfectly carry out programs, objectives of the Bar and F&B Department when needed.
- To receive feedback, complaints from guests and handle within authority allowed, report to Bar Manager/ Supervisor in case the issue is beyond authority. To record mistakes, shortcomings of staff to timely correct and train them, enhance quality service.
- To be willing to serve at banquet or events held inside or outside the hotel or work overtime when needed.
- To participate in, coordinate and support the learning and training in F&B Department. To evaluate, reward, discipline staff within authority allowed.
- To report the operational condition of restaurant in working hours, revenue, to resolve and record feedback from guests, staff in handover book for manager to keep track of.
- To handle work on behalf of Bar Manager/ Supervisor during his absence.
- To be willing to complete other tasks assigned by F&B Manager.