HOTEL GENERAL MANAGER
Leading the way with a forward-thinking approach and international expertise A driving force of Vietnam’s hotel industry Inspiring a new generation of hospitality professionals in Vietnam
OVERVIEW OF DUTY
- The position functions as the primary strategic business leader of the hotel with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and associate satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment to both Management Company and ownership. Leads the leadership team in the development and implementation of hotel-wide strategies. Ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. In addition, the General Manager builds relationships with key customers through personal involvement in the sales process. The position ensures Management Group sales engines are leveraged and initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand. Position serves as the principal interface with property ownership and establishes relationship as a business
- Builds owner loyalty throughproactive communication, setting and managing expectations and delivering solid business results.
- Analyzes business results and works with executive committee to develop an effective strategy to address needs.
- Makes key decisions and overseas execution, removes obstacles to success and ensures adequate resources are available to achieve business results.
- Champions change, ensures brand and Management Company business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Facilitates/attends pre- and post-convention meetings to establish relationship with customer, understand group needs and set and manage expectations.
- Hires executive committee team members.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports.
- Establishes a presence with associates on property and actively solicits associate feedback.
- Utilizes an 'open door' policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns to build strong and positive staff morale.
- Ensures associates are treated fairly and equitably.
- Supports the sales strategy and encourages leadership team to develop effective revenue management strategies and set aggressive goals that will drive the property's financial performance.
- Stays perceptive of market conditions and communicates changes and potential revenue opportunities to leadership team.
- Reviews financial reports and statements.
- Works with executive committee to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the property's financial and operational performance.
- Strives to maintain profit margins without compromising guest or associate satisfaction.
- Identifies opportunities to increase profits and create value.
- Ensures capital expenditure funds are being used to address the priorities outlined in the Management Company and owners’ business strategy.
- Manages an effective balance between the owner's interests and the management company’s interests and develops solutions that create value for both.
- Promotes and sells ideas persuasively to owners for stimulating business opportunities, improving service and increasing profitability.
- Provides meaning or context to the financial results during owner meetings and demonstrates an understanding of cash flow and owner priorities.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding hotel goals.
- Stays highly visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Implement and effective security strategy to ensure guest safety in case of emergency and /or evacuation
- Participates in sales calls and site visits.
- Develops a hotel strategy that is aligned with the Management Company’s business strategies.
- Perform any other related duties and special projects that may be assigned by the Odyssea CEO from time to time.
- Reporting line: to the Owner Rep & the Management Company’s CEO.
- University graduates.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in same position in International 4 stars hotels or number 2 in leading 5 stars hotels ready for a promotion.
- Resort hotel experience is a plus.
- English and computer proficiency.
- Good interpersonal, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work under high pressure.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A JOB ?
Please email an updated CV to: email@example.com